20 June 2015
Open Day Consultation
After advertising in the local media and mounting 3 major banners at strategic points along the main road into and out of Brailes, a second public Open Day on NDP progress took place on Saturday June 20th at Brailes Village Hall between 10am – 4pm serving home-made cakes and refreshments.
Stands and tables were manned by steering group members. There was ample opportunity to feedback to NDP steering group members and also to leave written comments. 67 people visited and compliments were received on the event generally and the clarity of the layout.
- Table 1 Introduction
- Poster of Parish Boundary Map
Chart showing Central Govt. Act. Local Govt and Parish Council process to BNDP. Devolution of power to people via democratic process (NDP) to legal rights to affect future planning. Info. On Localism Act available – precis
Info. On Core Strategy LSV2s available – precis Map showing old Settlement Building Boundary/Buffer Zone/Rural Agricultural Link to 2011 BUAB
- Table 2 Housing
- Poster showing variety of present building in Brailes from Social to Housing Assoc. to Private to Old People’s etc. Current allocation for newbuild and what built since 2011 etc. Infill, what sites might become available etc.
- Table 3 Economy & Transport.
- Agriculture Poster of Industrial Site, Home Workers others & Bus Stop with seat. Chats about work.
- Table 4 Heritage
- Poster of Church, housing, fields for AONB etc. Chats about.
- Table 5.
- Natural Environment. Photo of wildlife around Brailes Footpaths etc. Maps showing sites of interest etc. Chats about.
More data was gathered which improved the quality of our evidence base. For details see results page click here.
A thank you to all who came was published in the August parish magazine and an analysis of information from the public subsequently published and put on the parish council website to help keep the whole community well informed on NDP progress.